Christmas is here. It might not be official, but I'm declaring the next few days Christmas, not just Saturday. It's supposed to start snowing Friday. My first white Christmas, EVER. The turkey's thawing in the fridge, and tomorrow night is drive-around-and-look-at-Christmas-lights night.
I've always had a slight disdain for the Christmas season because I feel guilty getting a whole bunch of gifts I don't need and I don't usually see Jesus in the season at all. This year seems a little different. I'm witnessing, and experiencing a generosity from people at work, at church, and at Walmart, of all places. There's no doubt that this weekend we'll also experience generosity from family. Most people enjoy giving, but most people don't enjoy feeling obligated to give.
On that note, give! but not because you have to, but because you CAN! John and I are so blessed that we can give gifts. We may not make very much, but it's enough that we can share it with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment