Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm Working!

...and it's about time.

I've been looking for a job since I got to Sullivan in June. I kept hearing the economy was bad, but I never realized how bad until I started getting turned down left and right. I wish I could remember how many applications I filled out, but I stopped keeping track after the first week of job hunting. I can tell you, though, that a college degree doesn't guarantee a part-time job at Family Video, CVS, Starbucks, 5th3rd Bank, Men's Warehouse, or the Marathon gas station down the street, to name a few.

The hunt is over!! I work at Milburn's Pharmacy in Sullivan. 

Milburn's Pharmacy facebook page

In a nut shell...
1. The employees are nicer than I ever could've imagined.
2. The customers (mostly) are nicer than I ever could've imagined.
3. I was able to stay in Sullivan, which makes me very happy.
4. I've been told that my degree WILL be put to use as soon as I'm settled.
5. It's family owned, which also makes me very happy.
6. It's like a small Walgreens with a diner in the back.
7. I get free fountain drinks and coffee!
8. It's on the Sullivan square (NOT like the Woodstock square).
9. I'm so thankful it's where I've ended up.

I struggled with not being able to get a job, and I have no other explanation than this is what God wanted for me. It was stressful being told "No, sorry, we're not hiring." over, and over, and over. Each time I would get a lead of any kind, I would get my hopes up and be crushed when the job fell through. Now I can really appreciate the free time I do have. Working is good for the soul, the spirit, and the body.

Tomorrow I get my first pay check, and the saving will begin.
I love my husband, my cats, my house, my job, and the life God has given us.

2 comments:

  1. Kathryn, I'm so very proud of you for getting that job!! I'm sure you'll love it. I love the idea of a diner at the back. We have a drugstore like that in Warsaw, and I love going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl!!! Happy Birthday!!! And, congratulations on the job! Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete