In the spirit of Halloween, I've been busy. I made 12 luminaries for the two nights of trick-or-treating that will go on here. We're going to light them and put them along our sidewalk. Someone told me that last year they had 80 kids stop by their house, so we bought several bags of candy. The next day I found an open bag and a guilty face, so I've since hidden them.
My house here in Sullivan is slowly becoming a home and my unemployment days of watching HGTV have given me house fever. I can't wait to buy so I can paint, demolish, build, etc. Until then, I've become crafty with things like shams and wreaths and luminaries and sewing machines. Instead of wishing and hoping and waiting for those days, I'm so happy for these days. I'm working. I live in a warmer climate. I have cats that cuddle and clean each other. I have free time to read, and I'm slowly meeting people and saving money. God's smiling down on me and us.
When I got home from work today I couldn't believe how cute my children were being. Lincoln's favorite place to sleep is on the corner of the bed by the window. Dixie curled up on the desk by my computer when I started working on it. I love my little cats, and they love each other, which is the best part.
Dixie looks big in this picture, but she's actually very small. That's my mousepad in front of her.
My house here in Sullivan is slowly becoming a home and my unemployment days of watching HGTV have given me house fever. I can't wait to buy so I can paint, demolish, build, etc. Until then, I've become crafty with things like shams and wreaths and luminaries and sewing machines. Instead of wishing and hoping and waiting for those days, I'm so happy for these days. I'm working. I live in a warmer climate. I have cats that cuddle and clean each other. I have free time to read, and I'm slowly meeting people and saving money. God's smiling down on me and us.
No comments:
Post a Comment