Monday, November 8, 2010

Love

I realized this weekend, how amazing friends are. Sounds silly, but I haven't really seen any in months, and making new ones is so difficult. I realized, too, that even though I haven't seen them, or really talked to them in months, they still care about me as much as I still care about them. Funny how that works.

I'm also realizing how lucky I am. The women at the church we've been going to for less than two months would do anything to feed us, I'm pretty sure. And it seems like half the people in this town were looking for and talking to everyone they knew to find me a job when I didn't have one.

This weekend we got two homemade pies and a bag of enchiladas from John's parents, just because, and next weekend we're going to see my parents, and they couldn't hide their excitement if they tried.

The women I work with did everything they could to help me get Friday off so I could go home, and they've gone out of their way to help me out and make me feel comfortable. Sullivan has its flaws, that's for sure, but it's not in its people.

I wish I had a Hallmark in my backyard so I could get cards for everyone I appreciate, but I don't think I could afford it anyway. It seems like the Christmas spirit is already upon me, but maybe it's just the Holy Spirit, or the Thanksgiving spirit, because I feel so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment