Sunday, November 14, 2010

Woodstock

John and I drove to Woodstock this weekend to visit my family. We probably won't see them again until Christmas time when they come to visit us. I forgot how great it is to see family, especially when they load you down with goodies of all sorts. We shouldn't go hungry or thirsty for at least a week or so. 

While we were there we got to see my brother, his wife, and they're kittens. A few months ago two tiny kittens showed up on our porch here and Sullivan and wouldn't leave. After a few days of them sleeping on our porch we knew they didn't have anywhere else to go so we brought them in. A few days later they slept on my lap in the car for almost 6 hours while I drove to Woodstock. They've been as happy as can be with my brother and his wife ever since, and they've definitely been eating! 

My mom's birthday was also celebrated this weekend. She's 36 (at least she looks it). She got an Xbox Kinect and a game. Now John and I want one too. Then something besides Call of Duty would be played in our house. 

All in all, it was a great trip, but too short. I wish I could stay a week or so, and bring the cats. We missed them, and I think they were kind of angry we left them here alone. When we got home the kitchen was almost as we left it, and the dining room wasn't even close. Tablecloth, placemats, napkins, salt, pepper, etc were everywhere, and we know who to blame. 


It was so good to see family. In a couple weekends for Thanksgiving we're going to go see John's family. I'm excited for that too. It's so nice to see his siblings and mom and play games and eat food. Maybe then we'll cat-proof the house a little better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment